Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bungee Jumping

The funnest and most amazing thing I have ever done is gone bungee jumping. I actually didn't plan to go. Last year for my sister's birthday she invited a few friends to go bungee jumping with a company called Bungee America. Only one of her friends were actually going to jump and the rest of us were just going to watch. The trail leading out to the bridge where you jump is about 4 miles long. The trail winds through and around a mountain and rivers in Angeles National Forest. It was not an easy hike, but it was well worth it for the experience that I had. It turned out that one of my sister's friends who had already paid for the jumps (3 jumps) did not show up. The company said that since it was already paid for any of us could use her jumps. I quickly volunteered without even really thinking about what I was getting myself into. Normally for 3 jumps it is about $125. Anyways, after the long hike and after watching a few people jump, they called my name. I was really excited and I didn't get nervous until I had to climb over the bridge onto a little platform that just barely fit both of my feet. That is when my whole body started to shake and I couldn't move. They have the whole crowd countdown from 3 and then you are supposed to jump. Well, I think they kind of pushed me on my first jump because I couldn't move, but once I was in the air I was screaming and smiling and just felt really alive. The other 2 jumps were easier because I knew what to expect, but each time I jumped it felt like the first time. It was incredible and I could not stop smiling for the whole day! I don't really consider myself a daredevil or someone who takes risks, but man am I glad I took that risk!

1 comment:

  1. I didnt yet not get the opportunity for bungee jumping but I certainly look forward to it.

    http://loss-ur-weight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete